How to Motivate Employees
One of the key tasks of a HR manager is to find proper applicants for positions. It should be noted, that not only hard skills are to be taken into consideration, but also soft skills, that is, personal qualities that help a person adapt to new conditions, solve tasks and eliminate conflicts.
However, it is important to understand that organic integration into a new team also requires some effort on the part of the employee, so the task of the HR manager is to use appropriate motivation so that the newcomer can become a part of the team. For this purpose, we apply motivation according to the DISC typology.
DISC (Dominance, Influence, Stability, Compliance)
Identifying and distinguishing the company's values: a guide for the HR manager
Currently, in remote conditions, I have developed a clear scheme for myself for working with employees, which allows us to feel united and overcome challenges.
Step 1. Materialize
- explain the principles of the company from the very beginning;
- make them a part of the initiation and adaptation of newcomers;
- integrate them into our daily communication;
- send out news about how the community lives: member reviews, warm letters, greetings;
- create clear presentations for team members;
- find dedicated participants;
- perform all steps regularly.
Step 2. Teach and learn
- ask for feedback from employees;
- broadcast your research within the team;
- write announcements about new initiatives;
- solve problems on time;
- inform about good events in the form of videos, webinars, charts.
Step 3. Support
- single out colleagues in social networks;
- create personalized gifts;
- help employees achieve their dreams by learning more about them.
Our team is still in the process of adapting to new realities and understanding the transforming values. Despite everything, we learn to gain experience and support each other by establishing communication and value connections as much as it is possible.
Software Development Hub is a team of like-minded people with extensive experience in software development, web and mobile engineering, custom enterprise software development. We create meaningful products, adhering to the business goals of the client. Main areas of development: digital health, accounting, education.