What Technology Can Protect Intellectual Property Rights?
Intellectual property is intangible, has no material embodiment, but its value is much higher than other physical assets of the company. Therefore, understanding how to protect intellectual property and the ability to use tools will help prevent serious losses - both monetary and reputational. Below we will consider effective technologies for ensuring protection of intellectual property.
What is intellectual property?
Intellectual property is a category of assets that have been created as a result of human creativity. Such assets are of great value, since it takes many years to create and refine them, huge human resources are spent - intellectual, material, etc. As a rule, intellectual property is the most expensive, often undervalued capital of a company. Intellectual property refers to patents, trademarks, copyrighted objects, trade secrets, geographic reports, and so on.
What areas of intellectual property exist?
- Copyright — the rights from creators to certain actions and operations in relation to works of musical, artistic, written art. For example, the protection of material in a book by a certain author means that third parties do not have the right to publish or profit from it without the permission of the copyright holder;
- Patent — the right, received by an inventor from the state agency, to the uniqueness of the product;
- Trademark – product name, graphics, strong expressions that are different from others and point to a specific product/service;
- Industrial design (ID) — a process of creating a prototype of a product for the further launch of a mass batch. An industrial design is unique;
- Trade secrets — private records owned by companies and commercial organizations. These are formulas, recipes, unique features of processes that give the owner and the product a high value. Trade secrets are sold, licensed by their owners. In order to avoid data leakage and cyber attacks, it is important to take a mandatory step - to protect IP data, for which various technologies exist today.
Technologies, able to protect intellectual property rights
To prevent information theft, it is important to use products that allow you to control your valuable assets. The following types of intellectual property protection are effective:
- Data encryption is an important component of IP protection. It involves the translation of statements into another format that users without a password cannot recognize. There are several types and levels of encryption, such as AES (quite strong at the moment — 256-bit encryption).
- Virtual data rooms - a tool that guarantees comprehensive information protection. If encryption is a more targeted solution, then a virtual data room allows you to create a workspace for storing and sharing sensitive data. The company hosting the virtual room must provide security with corporate encryption, convenient use, and the ability to download data without obstacles.
What technology protects intellectual property rights in software?
SDH uses products such as Centuro Global and Casa for client projects. Centuro Global is a flexible privacy and corporate security solution that can be easily managed. Casa is a data disguising tool for structured and unstructured documents. These and other technologies allow us to guarantee the security of client data in order to focus on important areas of work.
Software Development Hub provides services for writing mobile applications, web products and software for various fields. Competent implementation of client's ideas is possible due to expertise of technical specialists, whose work is coordinated by an experienced project manager.